About Me

My photo
Spanish Fork, UT, United States
Paul and I were married July 1, 2006. We have a great life, we just bought our first home in Spanish Fork Utah. We are both working at great jobs!

Monday, July 27, 2009

~What a weekend ~

What a weekend... So it all started on Thursday, Paul and I got off work early to start working on our roof, we worked from 4-9 ish. Friday Paul started working on the roof at around 7AM and was up around830AM we worked on the roof and then at 9AM watched the 24th of July Paraded, then got back to work.
We had so many people come and help work on the roof, we worked all day until 1130PM. We were so beat but we still have so much work to be done so we get up early on Saturday and worked until 6pm and then went to a BBQ with some friends. (by this time we are thinking it is ok to take a break!)
Things were moving slow because the roof was old and the people who owned the home before had but 7, yes you read right 7 layers of shingles on ( max is 3) So it took forever to get them all off, then when we got to the bottom there was wood that need to be changed out and it was not going to plan (either is money we are just a little over what I thought it would be (like $1700 over) )
We thought we would go to be early on Saturday go to Church and then work on the house after. Well at like 1130pm we got a call from some friends letting us know that it was raining really hard and they were coming over to help put tarps up. By the time we got it all done it stop raining. ( it would right)
By that time I was so tired and I was not going to go to Church in the morning. So Paul and I stayed home to work on our house. ( Some rain got in and know we get to fix three rooms that rain got into.)
at around 10am a few people from our Ward came over to help with our mess it was going by just great and then as soon as church got out like 20 some odd people came over to work on our house!! We got so much more done than I ever thought we would. It was also so great to see a group of people work together.
Below are some pics of everyone helping out. I will post pics when it is all done!!!

THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE WHO HAS HELPED!!!




Even little girls helped cleaning up!

A cute little 3 year old helping out, like the big boys!
Bishop Peck helping out.
Sitting in the shade, taking a break! (It was so hot)
A Few ladies hanging out.
FOOD!! I made hot dogs, and then a few other people from the ward brought over bread, drinks cookies and chicken rolls! Thanks again it was great!!
Starting to but shingles!! YEAH!!
Fixing the roof that was bad.
Working so hard.

3 comments:

Lori Harris said...

What a crazy project. 7 layers, what were they thinking??? That is so neat that neighbors and friends came over to help you out. :)

Melissa said...

Jeez, that sounds awful. I have to admit that I teared up when I read that everyone came over after church to help. I love that your ward was so awesome to help, even though it was Sunday and they might have looked "bad." Sounds like you've got some awesome friends and neighbors who are more concerned about the spirit of the laws rather than the letter, which is so AWESOME! Yeah for fixing the roof!

Nate and Charlene said...

You are so lucky to have such an awsome ward! I loved that story made me tear up a little too.