A few weeks ago Paul and I went to Driggs for Labor Day to go Camping with my family. We had lots of fun, and it was good to get away. The next weekend we went to Bear Lake with Pauls Family. Other than that Cheer is going good for me and Paul is still working! We are trying to get our house ready for these little babies.
Last night Paul and I bought our cribs. I love that we bought the cribs, we are not even close to putting them together, cause the room is not ready but it makes it feel that much more real, to start buying things.

I go back to the Dr. on Monday I will be a little over 18Weeks and the Dr. said that we might get to find out what sex the babies are. I really hope that Monday is the day, I want to keep buying things :) (Any guesses what we are having?)
OK... Question for all you moms. I would love to start making a list of the must haves for the babies... then the extras that are really nice to have... Any thoughts would help me a ton.. Let me know what you think! :)
Hope to have good news for you all on Monday!









9 comments:
welll, I could write alll day :) but if I must limit myself :) two things I loved. the onsie long sleeved mitt shirts! Nobody touches the hands so they get sick...and they don't scratch themselves! BEST shirts ever! as for something fun....I would get hats for at the hospital with A & B embroidered or ironed on. Something cute for pictures. Unless you already have them named, then you could put their names on the hats. I would have loved that, I didn't even think of it.
ohh and as for two cribs..cool. I kept my babies in one crib until just a month ago :) 15 months of sleeping together. You may find the first 6 months they will want each other. Maybe not though.
MY goodness.....ok must haves....I totally agree about the long sleeve mitt onesies, they are AWESOME for newborns. You can never have enough burp cloths, and honestly, the best ones are actually cloth baby diapers. a REALLY GREAT BREAST PUMP will save your life. Don't go cheap on the boob pump Aubrey. A swing or bouncer is a must have. Bouncer is cheaper though...or maybe go with both since you have two babies, this will allow for an actual shower. Fun things, get a really fun diaper bag. Just do it, splurge. Something cute for them to wear home from the hospital, and newborn photos. Really great newborn photos
Things to get:
-Newborn pictures (professional)
-Nice Pump
-changing table
-baby bath (nothing fancy, but one that goes on the sink)
-A small heater to sit next to the bath or in their room if you want to keep their room a little warmer. They are cheap and we still use ours during the winter and he is almost 3!
-A cover for their carseats to keep out the cold, WAY better than a blanket
Things I didn't need
-a bouncer AND a swing AND a jumper AND those chairs with wheels where the kids run all over. Actually I would just buy 2 bouncers and 2 jumperoos. They were definitely the ones I used most. You don't need it ALL though.
-Those winter snowsuit looking things, they take up so much room and a blanket works just as well
-Baby mats with the toys that dangle over, by the time they're old enough to enjoy that they are rolling all over the place and won't hold still anyway
-a HUGE highchair. I would get a highchair that just is small and attaches to a dining room chair or a really simple one that stands. I almost never used all the special features of our highchair, plus simple ones are easier to clean.
There is lots more do's and don'ts. Less is more though, honestly, all the baby crap really just gets annoying after a while when it's everywhere. It makes the house feel cluttered. Just pick the must haves and a few wants that will make your life easier. :)
Wow! How exciting getting everything all ready for the TWINS!
I really liked having a bouncer lay back chair. My daughter would nap in it and it was nice because I could move it to whatever room I needed to. I also liked my changing table, plus it was a dresser too. It was just a little easier to change diapers and clothes on the changing table pad. Good luck!!
My sister has twins that turned one in April. She might have some good advice. Maybe you can find her on facebook.-Rebecca Reeder Stucki
Thanks everyone.. this is all so new so all your ideas are a great help... Dedre.. please don't limit yourself, I need to know anything your willing to share :)
:) well alrighty then! a couple more things..2 bouncers for sure! Seriously I fed my babies in them a lot!!! the vibration with some kind of soothing sounds ones...a must have! 2 swings if you can...however, I didn't I just had one, because my babies ended up not loving it. However, most babies love swings. and if you have them on the same schedule which you will totally need to to survive...they will both want to be in the swing at the same time. Seriously I had them do the same thing all the time, just to keep them on a schedule. Bumbo seats? My babies hated them, and tried getting out of them. However lots of babies love them, and since they are soo expensive...I would maybe just wait on those, and see if you end up needing them. High chairs...melissa's right. Bag the big old high chairs. Get the ones that attach to the regular chairs. Much easier to clean and wayyyy less cluttering. Just make sure they recliine so when they are small and just starting cereal they don't topple over :) I didn't nurse..but if you do, DEFINITELY get a good pump. do you research and do slack out. As for a stroller, I don't know. I didn't go many places with them for fear they would get sick. so I just bought a cheap double stroller from walmart that was a universal infant carrier one. here is the link
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Baby-Trend-Snap-Double-Stroller/7790503
I didn't use it for long. By the time they were 5 months they could sit in a bigger double stroller. I don't love tandem strollers. I think they are a pain...however some love them...just do your research on what people recommend. I bought the same infant carriers.. Soo much easier in the car. Definitely look at the safety list on the best car seat out right now. any of the top 3 are going to be good. Newborn pics MUST have. Get a real photographer...and don't wait...have them within the first week. Seriously they will be still in the sleepy mode and they will be easiest to photograph. buy a few premie outfits. the first couple weeks they will wear them. google preemie clothes and you will find tons of sites. zutano makes cute ones. most likely your babies will be 4-6lbs. Soo preemie clothes will be needed. Don't buy a ton of baby outfits until they are like 3-6 months. The first couple months you keep them bundled up and mostly in soft pajamas like clothes. burp clothes you'll never have enough. blankets you will use the most, because you will swaddle, are the simple flannel receiving blankets. get a ton of those! other blankets you won't need as many of. I had my mom make me some small 30x30 flannel blankets for swaddling them while they were sooo darn tiny. those were great! hopefully that gets you started :) have any more questions just email me :) dedrehartleyatpocketinetdotcom
Hey Aubrey!
Congrats on the babies! That's exciting! Yay! Twins!
While I don't actually have suggestions about things to get from personal experience, I wanted to add my two cents.
Baby showers. An awesome way to get presents/advice for the baby. (Register & tell people what you want, so you actually get things you want.) If you're up for it, try to have one everywhere. (In the valley, Spanish Fork, wherever else friends may live...) Everyone will want to celebrate with you and who doesn't love twins?!
You should definitely join some online groups for moms of twins. I've heard/read that having twins is different than having babies one at a time (obviously), and having that connection/support/understanding with other mothers that KNOW how it is instead of just guessing is invaluable.
Remember to get something to pamper yourself, too. You'll devote a lot of time to those babies, but you still need great lotion and time for you. :)
Good luck! :)
Hey Aubs! I'm excited that you might find out today what your having! I hope so! Honestly, there are so many things you can get for babies now a days and it all depends on your preference. I absolutely loved having a swing! It would keep Rowyn entertained while I showered and cleaned up the house. I only used my bouncer a couple of times....I definitely preferred the swing. I don't know about other people but I didn't buy the bumper pads for the crib because I was worried about suffocation. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I have seen some that almost look like netting, so that babies can breathe through them. A baby bjorne was really nice! I would wear that when going on walks or at the store. It made it much easier than trying to cart around the carseat everywhere. Also, a carseat cover is a must! I made mine and it was really simple, but you can also find some really cute ones at the mall! I agree with the other comments on a breast pump. I bought a medela and it was worth every penny! I absolutely loved it! I recommend getting maternity pictures with you and your hubs when your farther along and your belly is nice and round! I think those pictures are so beautiful! Also, newborn pictures are priceless, they grow up SO fast! Also, a rocking chair would be nice to have also! I didn't get one but wished that I did! Good luck with everything!
Post a Comment