About Me

My photo
Spanish Fork, UT, United States
Paul and I were married July 1, 2006. We have a great life, we just bought our first home in Spanish Fork Utah. We are both working at great jobs!

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

~How would I feel?~

Last night Paul and I thought that we would start our Christmas shopping. We started our night out by going from store to store mostly just looking, and wishing I was not so cheap. :) At the last store we had just got in line to pay when I see this woman run up to the front asking people if they had seen her little boy. No one had seen him and the people upfront were so dumb, they did not even act like they cared. As soon as I saw that lady's face I knew she was scared, so I told her I would help find her little boy who was only 2. I started to walk around the store looking under the clothes racks, looking by the books or the toys anywhere that I thought a kid would be playing.
I came back to the front and saw the lady still looking for her little boy and this time she was in tears. I told her that we would keep helping her find her child. ( the whole time the people at the store did nothing.) I asked Paul if he would go look in the boys bathroom.
At this time we had been looking for about 10 min and I thought WE need to find this kid, and why the heck is no one else looking. I kept thinking what if that was my child and I could not find him and know one would help. I just kept thinking how helpless I would feel and what thoughts would be going through my mind.
Paul came back and let us know that there was no one in the bathrooms, so we just kept looking I was walking past the dressing rooms and saw 2 lady's that did not speak any English. Lucky for me I have lived in so many different places where people don't understand me I am really good and charades, and I asked the lady's if they had seen a small boy and they pointed to the rooms. I looked in and I saw a small boy in the corner and he would not move, I yelled for his mom and I told her to call for him. As soon as he heard her voice he ran to open the door. :) :)
As soon as that door opened the mom just grabbed her little boy and hugged him and kissed him and was crying so hard. My heart just sunk and I thought I was going to start crying with her. I kept thinking if I had kids I am sure I would understand more what she was going through and I am for sure I would have been in tears.
She just kept thanking Paul and I for helping find her little boy.
I just want to say, think what you would do or how you would feel if is was you. If your able, always help when you can, and for those of you with kids remember how much you love them and make sure they know it, because you never know what will happen each day!!! SHARE THE LOVE!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

That is SUUUPPPPERRR scary! Some people......???
Oh man, I even hate to think about it.
What a great blessing you were to that mother {and son} last night!

Amber said...

All I can say, is that I sure hope that someone like you is around if I ever lose my little boy. That is so great of your Aubrey! I know that lady will forever be thankful for you and your efforts! I can't imagine the fear running through her and I'm sure that you were like an angel!

Anonymous said...

That's intense. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't find Tay. Way to be in the right place at the right time and to be able to help someone who was in so much need. Happy Holidays

Stephanie H. said...

Aubrey, you are such a good person. That just seems like something you would do without question. I look up to you and am going to try to be more like you!

Woolstenhulme-4-ever said...

Oh man I would just die... that is so scary! That is so nice that you helped. We are doing good the kids are growing up really fast.

daegan said...

that truly testifies what type of people you are to be willing to help a stranger. i bet that mother will forever remember this experience. good for you guys! it amazes me quite often to see how many people "ignore" things they saw or what they could be doing. foston was in the big part of a shopping cart when he was 18 months old and i had turned my head to look at something and he must have been reaching for something and he toppled out of the cart onto the hard target floors screaming. of course i felt like a bad mother for this accident that took seconds to occur. but when i immediately grabbed him and stood up... everyone fled. there were TONS of people around that pretended like nothing happend. and ONE lady came and asked if we were ok and if she could do anything to help. luckily he was fine, but he could have split his head open or something. that ONE lady will stay memorable in my mind for her kind offer to help us in a scary situation. she had nothing to do with what happend, but she stepped up with her loving heart. so i pat you both on the back... job well done!