About Me

My photo
Spanish Fork, UT, United States
Paul and I were married July 1, 2006. We have a great life, we just bought our first home in Spanish Fork Utah. We are both working at great jobs!

Friday, June 5, 2009

~The temple is a place where we can find peace.~


Last night Paul and I went to the Temple. I love the Temple we really do need to go more. I was thinking about all the times I have lived in different parts of the world and the people there love the temple and have to travel so far to go. Some of them will be lucky to go once because they wont have enough money to travel. As I think of those people I cant help to think how selfish I am. I have so many temples all around me and I need to do my part.

Paul and I love to do sealings, so last night that is what we did. How great to go to the temple and not be able to find a place to park so many people doing there part to move the work along. We got ready and put our name on the list and waited for awhile to be able to start (so many people). We had a great group and I feel so blessed to be in that group. There were some sisters in our group that were doing work for there Mother and Father, and all of there family. The spirit was so strong, I know that they were so happy to be together and had waited for the work to be done.

The sealer talked about how when we perform proxy work in the temple for those who have no means of moving forward unless something is done for them by those of us here on the earth, and those who have not had the work done just have to wait for us. (another good reason to go to the temple.) He talked about before a Husband and Wife are sealed they are not together, but when we do the work heavenly messengers find them and bring them together! What a great day it was for those people that have waited so long and are now with there loved ones.

After we were done they let us go up to the Celestial room and just sit. It was so clear to me that the temple is the lords house, and that he loves me, he loves all of us. He wants us to be happy and I could not help but cry because I felt the lords love for me and the overwhelming peace that felt.

"To you who are worthy and able to attend the temple, I would admonish you to go often. The temple is a place where we can find peace. There we receive a renewed dedication to the gospel and a strengthened resolve to keep the commandments."
Thomas S. Monson

2 comments:

Jes said...

Isnt it so exciting that the new temple in Kiev is so close to being finished?! Im so excited for the Russian and Ukrainian people I know that can finally go! :)

Lori Harris said...

The temple is a great place and such a blessing in our lives.